Wednesday, October 20, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenege: Day 3 "My First Love'

Day 3
My First Love
Hmm..... Love. What a strange word.
It can be a word used for good.
It also can be used in a bad way.
I feel, sometimes, Love gets put on the back burner in our everyday lives.
Love is used to describe happy and romantic and sweet emotions.
Love is also used as a middle man and is abused. Such as relationships that are going wrong, the phrase, "It's not you, It's me. I love you too much to hurt you".
blah, blah, blah.
Well, I personally haven't found my "First Love" yet. He, whoever "he" is, hasn't reveled himself to me. And I am learning DAILY to accept God's timing in this situation.
This is a very tender, sweet topic for me. As well as many of my close friends. There is a small group of us who are all in the same boat with the "boyfriend-will-come-in-God's-sweet-timing" situation.
We all are struggling with wrapping our minds around "God's Timing" and "God's best for us". But somehow, we learn to accept it.
But that still doesn't stop me from dreaming. And boy, does my mind wander...
Of course I've had my fair share of crushes and thinking that I was in love with these boys.
Gosh, the entire time I was in middle school, I had a HUGE crush on this one boy. And I thought I really loved him. I was just infatuated with him. Everything revolved around him. I just remember how devastated I was when he confronted me and told me that he didn't feel the same. I honestly thought my world was crumbling.
How young and naive I was.
I pray daily, sometimes even hourly, for God to send him to me.
And I just have faith that he will when it's my time.
blessings.
caity

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Love it! So true! Just believe.

While I'm waiting.. I will serve you!

Unknown said...

Hey Caitlyn! Good post. Just remember that He will send you that special guy when both of you are so consumed with Him. Today in our Ministerial Association at BMC, our speaker (Chad Grayson) spoke on Revelation 2:1-7 about personal revival. Stick with me, it'll come together in a minute. lol. Anywho, he said that "the supreme characteristic of a Christian is his/her love for God." In this passage, Jesus commends the Church of Ephesus for their works, their laboring, their endurance, and their intolerance to evil. But then He said that He had this against them: they had abandoned their first love. And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that you have done this because I don't know what's going on in your life. What I AM saying, though, is that we all have done this so many times in our life. BUT, I just wanted to encourage you to not even worry about that guy (I know it's hard) but to stay focused on your TRUE First Love - Jesus Christ. He's the One who remains faithful even when we don't remain faithful to Him. He is the One that we need to be completely consumed with. Like I said, He will provide us both with our "significant others" when the time is right. Until then - He is our love.

By the way, you're awesome! Hope you're doing well. :)

Post a Comment