Thursday, September 13, 2012

My afternoon with Miss Ole Miss.

Story-time with yours truly, The Diva. 

Let me start by saying that I have the absolute BEST family and friends a girl could ask for. After a not-so-good start to my week (last week), my Best knew just what would cheer me up. LOVEEEEE her. 

Okay, I have planned this blog out in my head, figuring out what I wanted to say about this particular afternoon and I giggle every time I think about it.  
I hope y'all enjoy it as much as I have.  

My afternoon with Miss Ole Miss
I think EVERYONE knows Lauren Patton's love of anything Ole Miss. And when I mean anything, I mean ANYTHING. She lives and breathes Ole Miss. Her kids first words will be "Hotty Toddy". Mark my words. 
So, as a remedy to my broken heart, my Best does what any good friend would do and take me to football game. Logical.
I am so excited.
So, Saturday rolls around and I had work until 2. The game started at 6 so, I had to run home and get "Grove ready". Ha. 
And my precious Best waited for me so we could ride together. She could have gone and Groved all day but she waited until 3:15 just so I wouldn't have to drive to Oxford alone. Love her.
We are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited at this point. 
So, we leave Thaxton, start towards Oxford and then the most magical thing happens.

Lauren looks in the mirror to see that the team is behind us! Oh, y'all. She was
so excited. It went a little like...
"Caitlyn. THE TEAM IS BEHIND US." very dramatic and very excited.
And just like that, 3 HWY Patrol motorcycles, one OM bus, 3 charter buses, 2 more OM vans, 5+ SUV's, and 2 more HWY Patrol motorcycles pass us. 
This was hyping us up something big for the game. Lauren Patton was about to come undone. 
The girl has been to games her whole life and she still has that child-like excitement about it all. I wish I still had that in quite a few aspects in my life. 
Any way, we are getting into Oxford and we pass the ref's.
That was equally a big deal.
From here on out, it's all a little bit of a blur. 

We find a parking spot unusually close to The Grove and we had doubts butttt we parked there anyway. In a cross walk. 

Andddd we are walking to The Grove.
And Lauren Patton morphs into a celebrity. I mean, y'all. 
People formed around her like a mob. It was amazing. I mean, I know she's a big deal BUT I didn't know at this level. It was great. 
It was "LAUREN PATTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" 
or
"Oh, my god is that Lauren Patton?!?"
I had so much fun just watching this. 
My best friend is a celebrity in Oxford. (Maybe she can get me in with Matthew Mcconaughey this weekend. *wink*) 
My words are not doing this experience justice. 

So, we make it INTO The Grove and find more people who are in awe of Lauren's awesomeness. 
We hang around The Grove for a little while and then start making our way to the stadium. I'm convinced Lauren Patton knows everyone. 
We sit with Lauren's friend and old roommate Emily and her friend, Landon and had such a fun time! Gosh, so much fun. I've never had so much fun at a game. 

We are leaving the stadium and all of a sudden, a student started a soul-stirring rendition of "Hotty Toddy" where Lauren Patton is left speechless. It was the epitome of epic. I think I saw a tear in LP's eye. THAT good.

So, we head back to The Grove to do some celebrating and socializing. We ran into sweet friends that we hadn't seen in ages and got to catch up. 

We leave to start making our way to the car and up pops up Ole Miss Quarterback Bo Wallace. You would have thought it was Justin Bieber. 
We begged for pictures and were left speechless by his cool and calm attitude. 
We were starstruck. 
Ah, fun times.

Again, Lauren had to say her good-bye's to all of her fans and we left to find our car.
Ha. 
Couldn't find it. 
Then, we finally did. I mean, now that I think about it, I'm sure one of Lauren's fans would have gave us a ride. Wish we would have thought about that. 

We leave Ox and I get home a little before 1 a.m. 
Y'all, I had such a good time. SOOOOOOOO much fun!

The whole time, I could only form a few short phrases.
Examples:
"He is so drunk."
"Oh, my gosh Lauren he is soooooo drunk."
*first down* "OLEEEEEEEEEEEEE MISS."
"Lauren, I think that girl is trying to get your attention."
"She is so cute."
"I love her Tory ensemble."
"OH MY GOSH her purse is Chanel."
"Did you see that girl's shoes?"
"I wish I would have went to Ole Miss instead of MUHell."
"Lauren, I really wish I would have gone here."
"I mean, this is a game. We don't want to see your make-out sessions."
"What just happened?"
"HOTTY TODDY!!!!" 

Overall,the day was fantastic. I had such a good time. I've never had so much fun at an OM game. 

I learned: My best friend is a celebrity.
Everyone in Oxford loves her.
September nights are the perfect temperature for a football game. 
Quarterbacks are people too. 


Here's some pictures to go along with my story...














 I had such a good time.
Hope y'all enjoyed this as much as I did!

caitlyn.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Caitlyn! You are so funny! Thanks for this tribute even though it is TOTALLY not true! Love you best! :)

Alyssa said...

Sorry LP, buy its totally true...you are truly Miss Ole Miss :) Caitlyn, glad your evening at Ole Miss was one-of-a-kind fabulous!

Alyssa said...

But...but Alyssa, not buy. Spellcheck makes me a worse speller every day! Lol

Post a Comment